Ladies, I feel a yak-fest coming on! Let's start, shall we?
New kid on the Blog
Another lady friend jumped on board the blogwagon recently. Yipeee! Please give your warmest bloggy hello to Donna of The Calico Horse (her quilt shop) and The Quilted Star. A couple of days ago, she had the Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser at her shop. She and her friend Wendy raised over $6,000 for The Avon Walk for Breast Cancer!! Good job ladies! She's the one that quilts for me and probably wondering why I haven't given her any. Donna, I'm giving you a much needed break from the silly girl. tee-hee!
Update (8-22-07) I failed to mention Darla, who also did a good job at helping with the fundraising. She is a dental hygienist, a Longaberger consultant (my very own personal consultant, tee-hee) and a very talented quilter. She was able to persuade (she's good) the L. company to send a weaver to demonstate basket weaving, the Longaberger way. She also donated baskets to help raise more money. Good job, Darla. I know you're really busy but can you please start your own blog so everyone can have a look-see at your wonderful work. I especially love your little quilts for your "baby". What do you say?
Big news from the Secret Santa Christmas Swap Headquarters
C'mon, I promise I'll be good for the rest of the year! LOL! Just like this cute Christmas tree topper Annie I bought last year from Nicole's shop . Isn't she adorable?! Where were we? Oh yeah, I'm really dying to know who's got my name. Tell me, please. Someone? Anyone? Ok! I guess, I'll have to wait.
Look what I found!
I went to the local antique mall and I found this old quilt. I'm not sure if these blocks are feedsacks but I really like it especially the cheddar yellow border. I found this book, too. No torn pages or doodles anywhere. Score! I really like old children's books like this with colored picture on every page. Every page!
Being Nice really Matters!
This talented lady from Norththreads kindly nominated me for the Nice Matters Award. Thank you, thank you, thank you! She said I'm "brimming with talent and always inspiring". Umm, my friends might disagree with you on that one. "Inconceivable," is what they would say. LOL! In return I get to nominate 5 ladies for the award:
- PamKittyMorning Super, super nice lady. She's a ray of sunshine. The first person ever to post a comment on my blog. She would be one of the many celebrity bloggers I would like to meet IRL.
- Crazy Sharon She's talented, crazy, generous, crazy, funny, crazy and for some odd reason likes me. Crazy huh?!
- Cheryl Always happy, smiling, laughing and oh so nice. She's also the binding queen and a major crack up!
- Crafty Missy Besides being an awesome mom to 2 lovely girls, she's got mad entrepreneurial skills and somehow finds the time to make sure you're ok. Anyone would be so lucky to have her as a friend blogland and IRL. Just ask her BFF Nicole, who's got mad skills of her own. Have you seen her Annies? Cuuute!
- Monica She's by far the funniest person I have ever met online. Loooove her! Her work has been featured on major quilting magazines and still very down to earth. We miss you like crazy, HZ!
There you go, ladies! Go forth and spread the love!
I was a muse for a day!
Super sweet Lori from PLT mentioned me on her blog yesterday. She made me this cute embroidery. Unbelievable?! Somebody pinch me! She's got me on cloud 9 and I don't ever want to come down. Her blog is loaded with "oodles and oodles" of eye candy. She creates yummy little pretties from her super cute tiny house. That house is to die for! I mean it. What are you waiting for? Go check out her blog! Thanks again, Lori!
Here's a sneek peek of what I'm working on right now. I'll show the whole thing later. Like later later! lol! Too much basting, you think? tee-hee!